Crater Lake, Oregon, USA
Crater Lake National Park is a United States National Park located in southern Oregon. Established in 1902, Crater Lake National Park is the fifth oldest national park in the United States and the only one in the state of Oregon. The park encompasses the caldera of Crater Lake, a remnant of a destroyed volcano, Mount Mazama, and the surrounding hills and forests.
I am going here one day.
Laguna Verde (Green Lagoon) is a salt lake in the southwest of the altiplano of Bolivia, in the Potosí Department, Sur Lípez Province, on the Chilean border at the foot of the volcano Licancabur. Visitors may find some flamingoes dancing in the salt.
Its colour is caused by sediments, containing copper minerals. It is elevated some 4,300 m (14,000 ft) above sea level.
The laguna verde is well known for its spectacular scenery and hot springs.
A small corridor separates the lake from Laguna Blanca.
Latitude: 22°47′38″S 67°48′44″W
Surface Area: 5.2 km2
So recently I have been down, I know why but I don’t wish to listen to things. Google earth has emancipated me as looking at spectacularly beautiful landscapes and buildings makes me tingle, makes me realise there is more to life and to the world than my little shed. I need to explore, do things that none of my family has ever done. Why let them set the standard of living in my life? It’s not going to happen. Change is possible and will come soon.
1. DECIDE TO STOP BEING A DOORMAT, A PEOPLE PLEASER OR SOMEONE WHO GETS PUSHED AROUND.
2. START BELIEVING IN YOURSELF. WORK ON DEVELOPING YOUR SELF-CONFIDENCE, AND SETTING ACHIEVABLE AND MEANINGFUL GOALS. DECIDE TIY WON’T BE A CLONE OF EVERYONE ELSE.
3. DEVELOP A POSITIVE ATTITUDE. IF YOU’RE OPTIMISTIC AND EXPECT TO SUCCEED – INSTEAD OF BEING A VICTIM OR SOMEONE WHO GETS USED - THEN OTHERS WILL TREAT YOU WITH RESPECT AND DIGNITY. IN MANY WAYS, WE CREATE WHAT WE EXPECT.
4. GET HELP FOR THE WOUNDS AND THE DAMAGE FROM YOUR PAST. OFTEN PEOPLE WHO’VE BEEN WOUNDED AND HURT BY OTHER PEOPLE FIND IT HARD TO DEVELOP INNER CONFIDENCE AND PRIDE. BUT THERE IS HELP AVAILABLE AND YOU CAN HAVE A DIFFERENT LIFE.
5. TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS. NOT EVERYONE IS KIND OR A HEALTHY INFLUENCE. IF YOU START TO FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE THEN TRUST YOUR INNER FEELINGS AND DON’T ALLOW THAT PERSON TO BE PART OF YOUR LIFE.
6. LEARN TO BE ASSERTIVE. BEING ASSERTIVE IS A SKILL – AND IT’S A SKILL YOU CAN ACQUIRE. IT INVOLVES BEING ABLE TO SAY WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND – OR TO SAY “NO” IF YOU WANT TO – WHILE SOUNDING CONFIDENT.
7. BE WILLING TO DEFEND YOURSELF OR SPEAK YOUR MIND. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO YOUR OPINIONS AND YOUR PERSONAL POINTS OF VIEW –SO PRACTISE SPEAKING UP IN A CALM, CONFIDENT WAY.
8. PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BODY LANGUAGE. WE COMMUNICATE MUCH MORE THROUGH OUR NON-VERBAL CUES THAN THE ACTUAL WORDS WHEN WE USE WE’RE SPEAKING TO OTHERS – SO USE YOUR BODY LANGUAGE TO CONVEY A SENSE OF PRIDE. THAT IS, STAND UP STRAIGHT, MAKE EYE CONTACT AND USE A WARM, BUT STEADY, VOICE.